Family Lawyers for Duval, Clay & Nassau Counties – Call 904.353.7733
The attorneys at Fletcher & Phillips help northern Florida clients with matters of Family Law, including divorce, alimony, child support, custody, visitation, and modifications.
Lyman T. Fletcher
Lyman T. Fletcher was Board Certified in Marital and Family Law for 30 years from June 1986 through May 2016. He is a Fellow Emeritus with the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and a Master Emeritus of the Florida Family Law Inns of Court. He began his law practice in Jacksonville, Florida, in 1970 and shortly after, began specializing his practice in Family Law, including interstate child custody, grandparents’ visitation rights, paternity, and domestic relations. He lectured, conducted seminars, and authored articles on all aspects of Marital and Family Law throughout his career. He was City Commissioner and then Mayor of Atlantic Beach, FL, past chairman and board member of Town Center Association, and served as 1st Lt., Intelligence Branch, US Army, 1964-1966.
- Florida Bar #121966, 12/19/1969;
- US District Court, Florida Middle District, February 1970;
- US Supreme Court, June 1975;
- US 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, 1981.
- Florida Bar Marital & Family Law Board Certified from June 1986 through May 2016
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator from 1989 to July 2013
- Florida Super Lawyer 2007, and 2009 through 2014
- The Florida Family Law American Inns of Court, Master Emeritus
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fellow Emeritus
- Florida State University College of Law, JD (1969 Charter Class)
- Florida State University, BA 1964
Michael R. Phillips
Michael R Phillips is a trial attorney who concentrates his Family Law practice on complex divorce cases, child custody, business valuations, and military issues. He is a Barrister and past Jacksonville Executive Committee member of the Florida Family Law Inns of Court. Attorney Phillips is an active member of Rotary International – Beaches Oceanside and Jacksonville Chapter President of the Carolina Alumni Association. He is former Assistant District Legal Counsel for the Florida Department of Children and Families in both St. Johns and Duval Counties in Florida.
- Fletcher & Phillips, partner, 2006-present
- Florida Department of Children and Families, Assistant District Legal Counsel, 2005-2006
Lectures & Publications:
- (2012, June 19) Introduction to Divorce Law, LawReviewCle
- (2010) Reducing Stress Without Sacrificing Success in a Boutique Marital and Family Law Firm, The Family Law Commentator, Vol. XXIV, No.3, 11-13.
- (2008, November 7) Handling Electronic Records and Files, Electronic Law Office, Half Moon LLC
- (2007, August 2) Obtaining and Evaluating Information, Florida Family Practice, Half Moon LLC,
- US Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- US District Court, Florida Middle District
- Florida Court of Appeals
- Florida Bar
- Florida Super Lawyer, since 2009
- National Advocates Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Law Lawyers
- Florida Family Law Inns of Court, Barrister and Officer
- Florida Bar Association, Family Law section
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Jacksonville Beach Bar Association
- Clay County Bar Association
- Carolina Alumni Association, President Jacksonville Chapter
- Gamecock Club, Board of Directors
- Rotary International, Beaches Oceanside Vice President
- DEMP Project, Board of Directors
- Alco House, Board of Directors
- Hodges Presbyterian Church, Elder & Chairman, Endowment Committee
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Carolina School of Business, B.S.,
- University of South Carolina, President Jacksonville Gamecock Club
Zach Alfant, Esq.
Zach Alfant is a trial attorney who concentrates his practice in the area of family law, especially on dissolution of marriage and custody actions. Attorney Alfant earned his bachelor’s degree in history from Auburn University, focusing and writing his senior thesis on the Civil Rights Movement.
Born and raised in Melbourne, Florida, Attorney Alfant currently resides in St. Augustine, Florida with his wife and daughter. He is a member in good standing of the Florida Bar Association and a recent inductee of the Florida Family Law Inns of Court.
- Fletcher & Phillips, Attorney, 2016-present
- Liberty Law, PLLC, Attorney, 2012-2016/li>
- Daniel M. Copeland, Attorney at Law, P.A, Attorney, 2011/li>
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Mediation Program, Program Coordinator, 2010-2011/li>
- Phi Alpha Theta – National History Honor Society
- Lawyer Processing I, Florida Coastal School of Law – Best Oral Advocate
- Florida Bar, 2011
- Florida Family Law Inns of Court, Associate
- Florida Bar Association, Young Lawyers section
- Florida Coastal School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Auburn University, B.A., 2007
Attorney Dyvonnda G. Thurston
Attorney Thurston received both her undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Florida. She also received a Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Counseling from Stetson University. In 2013, she became a nationally certified counselor. She is a Florida Family Law Inns of Court Associate and a current member of the Jacksonville Bar Association.
Dyvonnda focuses her practice in all areas of family law matters: divorce, paternity, same-sex divorce, parenting plans, timesharing (child custody and visitation), child support, spousal support or alimony, modifications of prior judicial or administrative orders, enforcement or contempt proceedings, criminal law matters including injunctions.
In addition to family law matters, Attorney Thurston also maintains a practice in wills, estates and trusts.
- Fletcher & Phillips, Attorney, May 2015 – present
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Academic Success Counselor, August 2010 – May 2015
- Cleaveleand and Cleaveland, PL, July 2013 – May 2015
- Florida State Attorney’s Office, Prosecutor, March 2004 – August 2010
- UF Levin College of Law, Coordinator – Spring 2003 – Fall 2003
- Champion of Justice, 9th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office, 2004
- Top Performer Award, 9th Judicial Circuit State Attorney’s Office, 2005
- Golden Key Honor Society, University of Florida
- Phi Kappa Phi, University of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District, 2013
- Florida Bar, 2004
- Nationally Certified Counselor, National Board for Certified Counselors
- Florida Family Law Inns of Court, Associate
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Family Law Committee Chair
- North East Florida Mental Health Counseling Association, Treasurer
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Stetson University; Marital, Couple and Family Counseling, MS, 2013
- University of Florida, Levin College of Law; JD, 2003
- University of Florida; Psychology, BS summa cum laude, 2001